Friday, March 6, 2009

Rudy news

This is the Rudy I want back

Rudy's still having trouble. Wednesday Maria massaged her and really felt like this could just be a lot of inflammation and tightness, nothing more. She did seem a bit more comfortable for a day or so afterwards, not herself, but better.

This morning we went to the neurologist, and he's leaning towards disc disease. We haven't done an MRI at this point, and I'm still deciding if it's something I want to do. The other possibility is a tumor on her spine. Both could be dealt with surgically but the odds are not good, and we could make her worse. I've been talking to a lot of people about back surgery and I don't know one person that has been satisfied with the outcome. Please don't think I'm not willing to do whatever is necessary for her, but I want to help her and not put her through any more than necessary.

She has appt. with a holistic vet on the 16th, and we'll be looking into acupuncture, which the neurologist fully supports and said he's seen a lot of success with this.

So, please continue to keep Miss Rudy in your thoughts......aging stinks!

3 comments:

Margie said...

Thanks for the update, I've been thinking about Rudy all morning. I'm a big fan of acupuncture and I'm sure it will help Rudy. Give her a big kiss from me.

The Pug Boys said...

I've seen what acupuncture can do for pets. It really makes them feel better. All of my pugs (Jasper, Bailey, and Sidney) have benefited from acupuncture. I'm praying that Rudy will feel much better real soon.

westoverpugs said...

Thanks, I'm really hoping it will help...it certainly can't hurt!

The neurologist said he doesn't think she's in much pain, the shaking is neurological symptom. As much as I hate to see her like that, it does make me feel better to know she's not in pain.